To access a service for which you are enrolled using your clicSÉQUR account, to cancel your enrollment for a service or to manage your clicSÉQUR account, you must first follow the sign-in procedure. To sign in, you must:
- Enter the user code that you chose when you registered for clicSÉQUR;
- Check the box if you are using a public computer or one that is shared by different individuals;
- Answer the security question that you answered when you registered (if required);
- Validate your picture and personal sentence. If you do not recognize or do not see one or the other of these elements, go to the I do not recognize my picture or my personal sentence section below;
- Enter the password you chose , if you recognize your picture and your personal sentence.
When you sign in, clicSÉQUR recognizes you and gives you access to the services you are enrolled for, those you want to enroll for, or those for which you wish to cancel your enrollment.
If you do not have a user code and password or if you would like to obtain a new one, click on the, New User link on the sign-in page. For more information on how to obtain a user code and password, consult the New User section.
Even though the clicSÉQUR service simplifies things by allowing you to use a single account to deal with the various participating departments and agencies, you can also create more than one account if you wish.
However, for security reasons, most of the participating departments or agencies require that you enroll for their services with just one clicSÉQUR account. We therefore suggest that you use a single clicSÉQUR account to enroll for all services offered by any one department or agency.
The single sign-on option allows you to navigate from one government service to another without repeating the authentication procedure.
This option simplifies access to certain online services, as you are not required to enter your user code and password each time.
This wait page displays while clicSÉQUR completes your authentication.
The single sign-on option simplifies access to online services for users with a single clicSÉQUR account. Consequently, if you are in the habit of using several clicSÉQUR accounts and want to continue to do so, it is not recommended that you select this option.
Single sign-on can be activated or deactivated from Your clicSÉQUR account on the home page.
Even if you decide to use single sign-on, clicSÉQUR may require you to repeat the authentication procedure for security reasons.
In addition, to better protect your personal information, single sign-on is deactivated as soon as you check the box «I am currently using a public computer».
If you no longer remember your password, consult the Forgotten Password help section.
If you have to answer a security question, but you no longer remember the answer, consult the I Don't Remember The Answer help section.
If you are unable to sign in after several attempts and continue to receive the error message "The user code or password is invalid", you can:
- Check to be sure the user code and the password correspond to those you entered when you registered, paying particular attention to uppercase and lowercase letters;
- Click on the link I have forgotten my password if you remember your user code but have forgotten your password;
- Click on the
I Don't Remember the Answerlink if you remember your user code and password but cannot remember the answer to the security question;
- Try again later, because after 5 failed attempts (for example), your ID will be blocked for 24 hours;
- Click on the I am a new user link if you have forgotten your user code. This will allow you to create a new user code for access to clicSÉQUR.
The picture you chose and your personal sentence are ways to assure you that you are on the actual clicSÉQUR site. If you do not recognize or do not see your picture or your personal sentence, do not enter your password. Here is what you can do:
- Check to be sure the user code corresponds to the code you entered when you registered for clicSÉQUR, paying particular attention to uppercase and lowercase letters;
- Enter your user code again, if required;
- Contact the Centre de relations avec la clientèle if you do not recognize or still do not see your picture and your personal sentence;
- If you think you have been the victim of fraud or an attempt at phishing regarding use of the clicSÉQUR service, contact the Centre de relations avec la clientèle immediately.
Once you have successfully signed in, the clicSÉQUR service home page will appear. It presents you with the available options and certain information about your clicSÉQUR account. This page contains 3 principal zones.
Note: This page will offer the Activate or deactivate single sign-on option only when it applies.
Zone 1: Confirmation of identity
The first zone, in the upper left, is indicated by a Welcome followed by your user name and confirms that you have correctly signed in for the clicSÉQUR service.
If you accessed clicSÉQUR using a regular clicSÉQUR account, you can consult the list of all your other regular clicSÉQUR accounts (active and canceled), as well as the date you last accessed them, by clicking on the link List of Your Accounts located in the box under Welcome.
By regularly checking this list, you can detect any irregularities, such as a clicSÉQUR ID being created without your knowledge.
The date and time when you last accessed your clicSÉQUR account are displayed in the box located under Welcome. We ask that you contact the Centre de relations avec la clientèle if you believe that the date and time do not correspond to the last occasion on which you accessed your account, which might indicate that someone else is using your clicSÉQUR account.
Zone 2: Your clicSÉQUR account
The second zone (the box Your clicSÉQUR Account) indicates the type of account used and various management options that allow you to change your password, manage your e-mail address, consult or change your security options, activate or deactivate single sign-on or cancel your clicSÉQUR account.
Note: This zone will offer the Activate or deactivate single sign-on option only when it applies.
- Type of Account: The type of account (limited or regular) that you are using at the moment is indicated to the right of this indication;
- Change My Password: This option, available at any time provided you have succeeded in signing in, enables you to change your password regularly to maintain its security level;
- Manage My E-Mail Address: This option, available at any time provided you have succeeded in signing in, enables you to update your e-mail address, which ensures that you can reset your password if you forget it (limited account);
- See or Modify My Security Options: This option, available at any time provided you have succeeded in signing in, enables you to consult your security options if you have forgotten what they are or if you want to change them;
- Activate or deactivate single sign-on: This option, available only when single sign-on has been used at least once, allows you to modify your preference for the authentication procedure when you navigate from one government service to another;
- Cancel My clicSÉQUR Account: This option enables you to cancel your clicSÉQUR account. The only time it is not available is when you have chosen the Cancel My Enrollment option on the department or agency site where you started from.
When an option is not available, it is greyed out.
For more information on clicSÉQUR account management options, please consult the Your clicSÉQUR Account section.
Zone 3: Next step
Depending on what you chose on the department or agency site where you started from, the next step is indicated on the right-hand side of the page.
If on the department or agency site where you started from:
- You clicked on the button and you are enrolled for services, you can access them access them by clicking on the button .
- You clicked on the button and you are not enrolled for services, you can enroll by clicking on the button .
- You chose the link Cancel My Enrollment for Services and you are enrolled for services, you can cancel your enrollment for services by clicking on the button .
- You chose the link "Manage My clicSÉQUR Account and Security Options", you can go back to the department or agency site by clicking on the button once you have finished checking on your account and security options.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Once you have successfully signed in, an intermediate step may be required before the clicSÉQUR service home page appears.
If, at the time you registered for clicSÉQUR, a situation beyond your control prevented you from accepting the terms and conditions or if they have changed significantly since that time, you will be informed of that fact, once you have successfully signed in, and you will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions before continuing.
After accepting the terms and conditions, the home page will appear.
For more information about accepting the terms and conditions, consult the Registering for clicSÉQUR - Acceptance of Terms and Conditions section.